So this is the time of year when I get very restless. I function best when I can get out and spend time in nature, but if it’s cold enough to cut glass with my nipples I tend to go into hibernation mode. Don’t get me wrong…I love hiding in my house, drinking hot chocolate and building forts with the kids, but lately I’ve been feeling all blah. I slept in pretty late today, and woke up to the kids poking me with a stick. The little one thought I was dead.
I was looking on the internet and found an article called 2 Minutes to a Happier You. I think two minutes is aiming a little high. I can’t do anything in two minutes, you’re already setting me up for failure. Anyway, I decided to read through the options and try a few.
1. Munch on nuts. Actually, that sounds like something to lift my husband’s mood. What else you got?
3. Inhale a calming scent. At this point, I’m pretty sure I could snort Lavender oil and still feel like I want to poke my eyes out with a toothpick. Next.
4. Open your shades. Well this one seemed promising so I gave it a try. I saw gray skies, dead trees, freezing rain, and two dogs humping in the neighbor’s yard. Eww, moving on…
5. Walk around the block. No. Just…no.
10. Put on a happy face. Ahh, the old “fake it til you make it” trick. I was willing to try anything so I plastered a huge, fake smile on my face, but I just came across like a crazy person and it started to scare the kids. My daughter thought I was plotting something.
Turns out that Wine Wednesday with a few of my friends was all I needed to ward off insanity. Now if I could just get everyone on board for Moonshine Mondays and Tequila Tuesdays…