I am honored to be given this award by Random and unnewsworthy. Thank you so much Dominique! Your blog makes me smile and I always look forward to reading your posts. Dominique writes about a little of everything. She’s also afraid of bee’s, which I discovered in a well written post of hers. I highly recommend that everyone stop in and check out her site!
The rules of the award are simple:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 10 to 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Tell everyone 7 things about yourself.
Okay, I’m going to bend the rules here, because I’m a rebel who likes to live on the edge. I’m only going to nominate 5 bloggers. I’m sure there are more than five that deserve the nomination, but let’s face it, I’m too lazy for fifteen. I’m not sure if any of these bloggers have this award already, but I definitely wanted to mention them because they are some of my favorites.
1. Joe’s Shitty Ideas This is a blog about a guy named Joe, who has really bad ideas. Probably that’s why it’s called “Joe’s Shitty Ideas”. It’s a well written blog that’s sure to make you laugh out loud.
2. F-Words Lora is a funny Mom with three funny kids and a load of great stories to tell. The “About” section of her blog alone had me laughing until I almost peed myself. I admit that freely because I have no shame.
3. healthdemystified A great blog about health issues. It’s very informative and I enjoy stopping in to take a look at what’s being posted on this site.
4. Insert witticism here… I’ve mentioned Jenn before, I mention her here, and I’ll probably mention her a million more times. Check her out, you won’t regret it!
5. haphillips I’ve mentioned Heath before, I mention him here, and I’ll probably mention him a million more times. Check him out, you won’t regret it!
Okay, seven things about myself…
1. I was once hypnotised in Las Vegas at a show. I had thought hypnotism wasn’t real and that people were just faking it. I now know different. It was an experience I’ll never forget!
2. I’ve swam with dolphins in Jamaica. There are no words to describe how amazing this experience was. We “danced” with them, and watched them perform tricks, including jumping over our heads. I left a little bit of pee in the ocean that day.
3. I love to sing. I can hold a decent note, but I’m no superstar. I’ve tried out for American Idol, and The Voice. If I’m being honest, the only reason I tried out for The Voice was to try and get close enough to Adam Levine to throw my panties at him.
4. My daughter and I share a birthday. We were both born on September 24th. My son was born on September 15, two hours short of being born on my husband’s birthday, September 16th. As you can see, everyone likes to do the horizontal mambo around New Year’s.
5. I rely excessively on outside praise for validation. Everyone likes to hear they’ve done a good job, but I probably need meds. I’m extremely insecure and most days I hate myself. I’m my own worst critic, but I think a lot of people can relate.
6. I’ve never done drugs. I haven’t smoked anything, I didn’t drink until I was twenty-one, and it’s a battle just to get me to take aspirin when needed. I did get pregnant at sixteen though.
7. I found my husband in the yellow pages. Actually, I located his business in the yellow pages. Five months after we met we were married. These first ten years have went by entirely too fast. Every day I wonder how I got so lucky. I love being married to him, and enjoy having him as my partner in crime.
Thanks again Dominique! This was a lot of fun!